Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday July 6



Today we visited what was listed on our itinerary as the Chen Family's temple. It wasn't a temple like a place of worship - rather it was more of a "clan building" and place where the Chen family and relations(?) could study for the provincial level and other examinations needed to become a governmental official. (In Ancient China people had to pass examinations in order to qualify for these posts.

It really was a peaceful place, and there were many nooks and crannies and exhibits devoted to traditional chinese handicrafts, etc. I probaby could and should have taken more pictures than I did. But to be honest, I'm getting temple'd out. Also, it was murderously hot and humid when we went...so once mom and I located a vendor selling drinks... well, I just wanted to get out of there.

Eventually, we left and stopped on the way back to the hotel to do some shopping. I saw a totally cute little chinese outfit..and to my surprise, Georgia indicated she liked it too... we tried the jacket part on her to make sure it fit...it did, so it was sold! When we got back to the hotel, she got so excited when she saw it come out of the bag, that she started tugging on her shirt right away, indicating she wanted me to put it on her.



I did.. and doesn't it look so cute on her? I think the pale lilac color suits her skintone so nicely...and she seems to love the "foofy" skirt...And boy oh boy did she get mad at me when it was time to take it off and put back on regular clothes. She's a messy eater, so there was no way I was leaving her in that "princess" outfit for dinner! It's just so cute and endearing to me that she seems to be a girly-girl especially considering I can be so lackidaysical about how I dress.... but that's cool if she likes girly clothes... I am happy to indulge her in them.

Tommorrow: medical exams for the visas, and maybe more shopping?

5 comments:

Angela said...

How adorable! What a cutie pie. :)

I'm glad that the adjustment is going well. You'll be home soon, enjoy your trip of a lifetime until then!!

MysticSpirit said...

She does look REALLY lovely in that. Maybe when she's older ... like a teen or something ... you could get her a pant-style one. :O) And she's got a really cute dimple on her cheek. :O))

Lisa said...

She looks very pretty in her new outfit.

Kristen said...

I love that outfit on her! Watch out, if she's that girly now...just wait. =)

AeronwyDiobhell said...

You should try to see if there's anyone in your area that teaches Chinese flower arranging or caligraphy or kimono crafting. Something of one of their traditions that you can then teach Georgia when she's older.

Hehe, that's ADORABLE that she was all excited for her new Chinese outfit! And she looks beautiful in it too (even with her tongue sticking out). Very cool that she loves the girly outfits. Buying clothes for little girs is SO MUCH FUN! You should buy her one to wear at Christmas time too! And you should buy a Kimono to frame (or put onto a stand) to decorate her room with.