Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday July 7

Today our group went to get our babies photos taken for their visa application...and then to a clinic for the medical exam.



The visa photo was no problem at all, and for the most part neither was the medical exam. In terms of the exam, it was really for the most part a curosry thing to make sure there was nothing grossly wrong with any of the children...they took their height, weight and temperature...and listened to their hearts, looked in their mouths and gave them a once over in terms of spine, chest, legs, etc. The only time Georgia really squawked was at the weight and temperature. But she got over it pretty quickly.



The rest of the day was pretty free. Mom, Georgia and I walked around the island and did a little shopping. The above photo is of little miss G playing with some bells in one of the store... we bought a pair of bells, not the whole bunch she had loaded her arm with! I bought a ladybug dress for Georgia, a gift I hope my husband will like, and a traditional chinese boy's outfit for big brother Thomas. I really look forward to getting a picture of both my kids wearing traditional chinese clothes together. I think they will be a gorgeous study in contrasts... my boy so blonde and fair skinned, and my girl with her glossy black hair and lovely brown skin.

added at 11pm china-time: I forgot to write one thing... we bought our girl a pair of white sandals with sparklie butterflies on them...and she just HAD to put them on right away. LOL She also saw one of her new dresses and wanted to put that on too, but I had already given her a bath and gotten her into her jammies by that point, so I told her no..not now -- she was not amused. LOL Mom laughs and calls her our little fashionista. ;)


Tommorrow... is a fairly free day... there might be a tour scheduled, but I am skipping it in favor of another activity --- shopping with the aid of a contact one of our group has made...this person has a reputation for being a skilled bargainer and power shopper..so I hope to get a few things at "deals" and it might make up for the times I am sure I got fleeced. (LOL)

4 comments:

MysticSpirit said...

You are insane ... buying a two year old NOISY toys. ;Op

Good luck on your bargain hunting. ;O)) I thought you said you weren't going to do much shopping due to the luggage weight restrictions. What happened? ;O}

AmyO said...

Olivia got a couple of those bells too while in GZ. Congrats to you & your family.

Kristen said...

I hope you got some great deals with the bargain shopper!

AeronwyDiobhell said...

I'm glad the medical exam went fairly easily. And she looks cute with those bells! Yes, I think a picture of Thomas and Georgia together will be gorgeous! :-D

Hehe, I agree with your mom. Georgia is definitely a little fashionista! Hopefully she gets to wear her other new dress tomorrow though. :-) *snickers* Good luck shopping with the power-bargainer!